PET IMPORT MOCCAE
- Cats and dogs will shipped in the luggage compartment rather than with the passengers and according to IATA conditions for pet animal transport.
- The cats and dogs must be identified with a permanent microchip , and the chip number in the health certificate must conform with the chip No. which the animal bears.
- The imported cats and dogs shall be accompanied with the following:
- a. Authorized health certificate issued from the competent veterinary authorities in line with health certificate model provided in annex number (3) herein.
- b. Vaccination document or passport which must include the animal microchip number , animal full description ( species – color – sex – date of birth – any other distinguished marks ) and fully meet all vaccinations in annex number (4)herein , and including vaccine name , manufacturing company , batch number , vaccination date , vaccine labels and any treatments given to the animal.
- c. In case of import from a high risk Country, Testing certificate from a laboratory approved by the competent authorities in the exporting country done during a minimum period of 12 weeks and not more than 12 months prior to shipment date showing that the animals have been subject to ( Antibody Titration Test) for rabies after a period not less than 21 days following the last date of basic ( Initial) vaccination or that was after a booster dose in a previous valid vaccination period with a minimum level of ( IU/ml 0.5) . This certificate can be substituted by recording the test result in the health certificate in paragraph 4-a of this article.
- The minimum age of an imported animal from the low risk countries will be 15 weeks in a condition that his age not less than 12 weeks when vaccinated and in accordance to the manufacturing company and minimum age of 27 weeks from the high risk countries.
- Consignments of cats and dogs will be shipped directly from the exporting country and in case that the consignment will cross any other country , it must not mix with other pet animals during transit and that will be attested in the annex of the health certificate
- In case an animal arrives from a high risk Country through a low risk Country of rabies , it must stay a minimum period of 6 months in the import country or undergoes the antibody Titration test for Rabies after a minimum period of 21 days following the last date of basic (initial) vaccination or was vaccinated during a pervious valid vaccine period with a minimum level of ( IU/ml 0.5) .
- Cats and dogs must be transported in clean boxes or cages.
- Animal welfare Legislation and standards must be considered.
Cats and dogs residing in UAE :
the following health and technical requirements:
A . Identified by microchip .
B . accompanied with authorized veterinary certificate issued by the competent authorities in
the exporting country.
C . vaccinated against rabies prior exiting UAE, and this vaccination is valid on returning and
in case that the vaccine is not valid before the returning , the animal will be dealt with the conditions of first import of dogs and cats
D . They will be accompanied with a copy of the veterinary health certificate issued by the MOCCAE while exiting.
Ban on the following dog breeds to be imported into the United Arab Emirates:
Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed of dog , American Pit Bull Terrier breed of dog, American Staffordshire Terrier breed of dog, American Bully , Brazilian Mastiff (Fila Brasiliero ) , Argentinian Mastiff (Dogo Argentino), Any Mastiff or Hybrid, Japanese tosa or hybrid, Rottweilers breed or hybrid , Doberman Pinschers, Canario Presa, Boxer , Any mixed breed of above breeds of dog or their Hybrid
Please Review the list of countries on MOCCAE website to be sure it is High or low risk